How to sell domain by listing it in an auction
Plan to sell your domain(s)? Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, in this article we’ll talk about how to list your domain in an auction so potential buyers can see it. There are different platforms to sell your domains, most famous ones include:
- GoDaddy auction
In this example, we’ll be listing our domain on GoDaddy auctions. Let’s begin.
Things you need in order to sell domain (s)
- GoDaddy auctions listing account (costs 800PKR/year)
- Flippa account if selling on Flippa (Check their listing fee)
- Set your ‘Domain lock’ to off (Found in domain settings)
Things to know
If you want to transfer a NEW domain to a different registrar, you will have to wait 60 days before your domain becomes transferable.
Example: You bought a NEW domain at Adalike, and you successfully sold it to a customer who wants the domain transferred to his HostGator account, you’ll have to wait for 60 days since new domains cannot change owners instantly. Like that, if the new owner wants to transfer the domain to another registrar, they’ll have to wait too (Policy of ICANN)
Although if you want to transfer domains to another account of the same registrar (From your Adalike account to another customer’s Adalike account) you can do that without having to wait.
List your domain(s)
- Go to GoDaddy’s website and under ‘Domains’, find auctions.
- You’ll see the Auctions page. At the top, click ‘List a domain’
- You’ll be taken to listings page, enter the domain name you’d like to sell and select its TLD (.com or whichever) Also, select listing type
- Enter your domain selling price
- Choose domain category and provide a description about the domain
- Select how you would like to receive payments
- Agree to the terms and conditions after reading
- Click finish
Note: Listing may take some time, maybe up to 72hrs. If it takes much longer, contact the respected auction support.
That’s all you need to do to list your domains in an auction. If people are interested in you domain name, you’d start getting bids. You may need to use the featured option with the listing provider, helping your domain listing to be seen by many people. And that’s how to sell a domain 🙂