Add logo, social icons & HTML using website builder
Add logo to my website header
- Go to your Adalike product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select any blank area or text in your Header section (the first, top section on your Home page).
- Select Logo in the right-hand editor pane.
- Edit the text used as your logo, change the font, or change the alignment. (Changing the logo font is separate from changing your site font.)
- Alternately, upload your logo image. Zoom in or out on your image, change your image and choose the background color. Changing the logo alignment also changes the top menu elements.
- Logos taller than 104 pixels will overhang the top navigation bar on the front page but be resized smaller on other pages.
- Only png file types allow for transparent backgrounds. All other image file types have a solid background.
- Your changes are saved automatically. Use Preview to see the results and when you’re ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
Add favicon to my website
A favicon (short for favorites icon) helps your site stand out amid the competition by displaying a small image in your visitors’ web browser tab. It will also appear in a browser’s list of favorite or bookmarked pages.
- Click Edit Site.
- Click the Site Settings panel.
- Click Favicon.
- In the Favicon panel, click Upload and navigate to the image you want to use.
Note: The image should be no more than 180 pixels square. And keep your favicon simple and punchy — you don’t want people squinting.
- Click Done when you’re finished, and when you’re ready, click Publish Site/Publish.
- Click Visit Site to see the site’s favicon in your web browser’s tab or navigation bar.
Connect my site to my Facebook business page
Add or connect your Website Builder home page to a new or existing Facebook business page — and have it include your site’s business name, street address, and web address. Connecting your site with your Facebook business page lets you manage multiple social sites from one location.
- Open your site.
- For Website Builder: Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- For Digital Marketing: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
- Open Facebook.
- For Website Builder: In your Dashboard, select Marketing > Social.
- For Digital Marketing: In your Dashboard, select Social.
- Select Connect on the Facebook card and follow the prompts.
- If you’re not already connected to Facebook, you’ll need to sign in.
Note: You may also be asked to allow Adalike to access your Facebook business page.
- If you have an existing Facebook business page, you’ll be able to choose it — or decide to create a new Facebook business page.
- You’ll see a series of pages asking you to review and confirm your information. Fill in the fields and continue until your Facebook business page displays your site’s main image and information.
Note: If you prefer, you may also create a new page directly at Facebook’s site and then connect it later.
Add HTML or custom code to my site
Note: Embedding code can affect how your entire site functions, so use this only if you’re comfortable hand coding. It’s definitely not for beginners.
- Log in to your Adalike account and open Website Builder.
- Click Edit Site.
- Scroll in the main view of your site to where you want to add a section, and click the plus button.
- Scroll to bottom of the Add Section panel, click Show More and click the HTML pane.
- Click a layout in the HTML panel and you’ll see a Section Added confirmation.
- Click the HTML panel to begin customizing its settings, starting with the Section Title field.
- Enter or paste the code you want to use in the Custom Code field. In the example, we’ve added HTML for a TripAdvisor widget.
- You can leave the Forced Height field blank or adjust the pixel height to larger or smaller. (Smaller will create a scrollable box for the item.)
- When you’re finished, click the or Done at the top of the HTML panel and your main window displays the results.
- Click Preview to see the results, and when you’re ready click Publish Site or Publish.
Note: If you change your mind later on, re-open the HTML panel and click Remove Section at the bottom.